On May 5 partners and grantees of GO Virginia Region 3 will gather at The Prizery in South Boston for the semi-annual All-Hands Meeting where beneficiaries of GOVA projects will share their personal experiences. The meeting will also discuss community leadership through an interactive survey.
Business leaders, educators, government officials and others dedicated to the economic vitality of Southern Virginia are encouraged to attend the event, which is part of Virginia’s business-led economic development initiative.
The GOVA Region 3 All-Hands Meeting will provide reflections on GOVA’s push to change the way the Commonwealth’s diverse regions collaborate on economic and workforce development activities, as well as opportunities for participants and attendees to exchange ideas and collaborate on future partnerships.
The following speakers will be presenting at the 2022 All-Hands Meeting:
- Dr. Larry Terry, UVA’s Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service
- Dr. Julie Brown, Institute for Advanced Learning and Research
- Lauren Mathena, Mid-Atlantic Broadband Communities Corporation
- Linda Green, Southern Virginia Regional Alliance
- Liz Povar, GO Virginia Region 3
- Samantha Smith-Herndon, Southern Virginia Regional Alliance
- Sheri McGuire, Longwood University Office of Community & Economic Development
Program highlights include:
- Presentations on strategic planning, entrepreneurship, workforce development, business continuity and recovery, and leadership development
- GO TEC bus in the parking lot of The Prizery
- Networking breaks
- Opportunity to take a tour of the SOVA Innovation Hub after the meeting
To learn more or register for the free event, visit www.govirginia3.org/all-hands-meeting-2022/ or email [email protected]. Interviews with speakers and Go Virginia personnel are available upon request.
Region 3 is grateful for the following supporters: The Kitchen Table, Letterpress Communications, The Prizery and SOVA Innovation Hub.